Wouldn’t it be nice, if we just stopped rushing through life for a little while and took out some time to ponder and appreciate the little things that it has to offer? What is life, after all, if we do not pause for a moment and enjoy the magnificence of the hills, charisma of the valleys, the chirping of birds, the song of the rivers, the call of animals or the fresh breeze?
To travel is to live, they say. And, I agree! Travelling gives you the power to believe in the underutilized treasures of life and presents you with all the more interesting, inspirational and downright beautiful reasons to bring out the wanderlust hidden within us.
The world is a mesmerising mystery and travelling is the key to unravel it. Here are some of the reasons to prompt you to plan your next travel itinerary.
- All work and no travel? Travelling helps us burst the bubble we live in. It gives an opportunity to realize that there is so much more than a busy life at home or at workplace. It not only gives a much-needed break from our day-to-day existence but also presents a fresh appreciation for your hometown, your country, and off course your humble abode back in your city. Oh! What a way to unburden the heart and enrich the soul.
- Revamps self-confidence. At an unknown place, you tend to talk to strangers, ask them for directions and eventually, be even friends with the locals. This makes your communication skills better, you get more street smart and your preconceived notions shatter helping you to gain a better perspective at life and voila! Say hello to a newer, smarter and a rejuvenated version of you!
- Strengthens relationship. A family getaway, a romantic vacation or a long weekend with friends is sure to strengthen the bonding. It also rings in a great opportunity to bond with fellow travellers or locals.
- Celebrate life with a two-way ticket. Be it birthdays, wedding anniversary or a babymoon, celebration vacation is always a good enough reason to travel. What better than gathering all the near and dear ones from different corners of the country at one place to celebrate such big-small happy occasions!
- Healing power. Life is not a bed of roses. In case of any misfortune, travelling not only allows you to escape the negativity but also helps you heal. A new place with lots of distractions will definitely help you come back home with a fresh mind and it prepares you to take the challenges head on. For workaholics too, travelling is a great way to bounce back with a fresher perspective to handle issues at workplace with ease.
- You meet new people. Travelling teaches you to be cautious but not suspicious of every person you come across. There is nothing more enlightening than striking a conversation with a native. Local folks are welcoming and usually high on hospitality.
- You become more open-minded. Exposure to new places, people and culture makes you realise that happiness comes in different packages. There is no one way to live a life full of contentment. The challenges, the compassion of strangers, and the exquisiteness and variety of the natural world will only make you more open and tolerant towards the dissimilar ways of thinking and being.
- You can eat shamelessly (Yay!). Delectable savouries like English breakfast, paneer tikka, chicken lasagne, Hawaiian mayo salad give you a guilt-free ticket to eat anything to everything without counting the calories! Treating your taste buds to different cuisines is a great way of understanding and connecting with a place. Even local art and music helps you connect with the place on a deeper note.
- Because, MEMORIES! Travelling, undoubtedly, has a great impact on an individual-mentally as well as physically. In the long run, it makes you more relaxed, contented and happy. Travel definitely makes you a happier person, who lives life with a bag full of new experiences and learnings. These experiences form unforgettable memories that stay with you forever. And these memories are a reminder that come what may, life is so beautiful.
So, what are you waiting for? We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure waiting to be discovered and appreciated. Go on, make some beautiful memories. Everything else can wait.